Masala Spicy Sev
this sev recipe is made from besan (gram flour) and hence also known as besan sev
Lets See How to make spicy sev
- 2 cups gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp. ajwain (omam) seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- salt to taste
- 2-3 pinches asafoetida
- water to make dough
- oil to deep fry
Method to make spicy sev
- Mix the chilli, oil, salt and seeds into the flour.
- Add water to make a dough which is quite soft and sticky.
- It should not be flexible but sticky.
- Grease the inside of a Sev-press, fill with the dough.
- Press into hot oil, and fry lightly on both sides.
- Drain well and cool before storing.