Ingredients for making Dal Fry:
4 tbsps of Tur dal (pomegranate pulse)
3 tbsps gram dal-chana daal
3 tbsp moong dal
3 tbsp masoor lentils
11/2 cup + 3/4 cup water
1 medium-size tomato, finely chopped- tomato
1 large onion, finely chopped onion
4 garlic buds, pc happened – garlic cloves
1/2 inch ginger, powdered- ginger
2 green chillies, finely chopped green chilly
2 tbsp ghee
1 cinnamon, cut into 2 pieces
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 dried red chilly
1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder- garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder- dhaniya powder
1 tsp lemon juice- lemon juice
Salt, according to taste
2 tbsps finely chopped coriander – dhaniya
Method of making lentil fries –
Mix all the pulses and wash them in water and keep it in water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add more water to the pressure cooker (3-5 litres) by taking more water.
– Add salt and salt to the cooker by adding 11/2 cup water and keep it to cook on a high flame. After the first whistle is ringed, heat the pan and cook until it rings 3 balls.
– Open the pressure cooker lid immediately (do not open suddenly). Let it cool down for 7-8 minutes, either press the pressure of pressure cooker on its own. This process is also necessary for safety and it also produces pulses.
Now open the lid of the cooker and put it on the side. The pulse does not require mash or grinding. If needed, use this pulse (use in the time of need).
– Now, prepare fry. Heat ghee on medium flame in a pan. Add cumin, dried red chillies, cinnamon and cloves. Once it is cracking, add onion and fry it till it becomes light brown colour, it will take about 1 minute.
Add grated ginger, garlic and finely chopped green chillies and fry for 20-30 seconds.
Add finely chopped tomatoes and salt, cook until the tomatoes are soft.
Add warm matter, coriander powder, red chilly powder and turmeric powder and mix well. Put boiled dal and cook for one minute.
– After adding lemon juice and 3/4 cup water, cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Keep running from the middle of the patch.
– Close the gas and remove the pulse in the serving bowl and serve the decorate and serve with finely chopped green coriander.
Suggestions and variations:
Instead of using all the lentils to make the Indian style daal fry, use 1/4 cup gram dal and 1/4 cup tur dal. There will be no change in the way to create.
If you do not like granulated pulses, then grind them with the help of a blender or mix it with the help of the cobbler.
– In this recipe, ghee has been used to apply tadka. If you want, you can also use oil or butter instead of ghee.