Mughlai Paneer korma ingredients: –
1 cup paneer, cut into 1½ inch square pieces
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup(not sour)
1/4 cup fresh or dried coconut
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 green chilly- seeds extracted and chopped
1 tsp poppy seeds, optional (or cashew nuts)
1 small piece of sharp leaf
1 green cardamom (ilaichi)
2-3 whole black pepper
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
1 tsp sugar
1½ tbsp oil
2 tbsps finely chopped coriander (dhaniya)
Salt- According to the taste
3/4 cup water
Mughlai Paneer Korma Making Method: –
Mix yoghurt, coconut, ginger, green chilli, cashew and poppy seeds in a small jar of the mixer.
Grind them and make a thin paste. Remove it in a small cup.
Heat 1-tbsps of oil in a heavy frying pan or non-stick wok on medium flame.
– Put paneer pieces in it and roast till they become light brown, Remove them to a plate.
Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil on medium flame in the same pan.
Put the leaf, green cardamom and black pepper in it, fry them for 10-20 seconds.
– Put chopped onion and let it roast till light brown colour. It will take approximately 1½-2 minutes.
– Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
– Curd-coconut-cashew paste (made in step-2), add sugar and salt.
– Cook well for a minute, stirring constantly with the spoon.
– Put 3/4 cup water (water) and mix it well.
– Let it cook for about 3 minutes, keep stirring occasionally with a spoon for the avoidance to be sticky.
– Put paneer pieces.
Mix well and let the gravy cook until it becomes thick (gravy), it will take about 4 minutes.
– Turn off the gas and put the vegetable in a serving bowl.
– Decorate and serve paneer korma with fresh green coriander and serve.
Keep in mind that curd should not be sour, otherwise the taste of vegetable will be sour.