Ingredients needed for making Aloo Methi Gravy Sabji:-
1½ cups boiled and chopped potato
2½ cups fresh fenugreek leaves, chopped fresh methi
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 onion, finely chopped onion
5 garlic buds, finely chopped garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tomato, finely chopped- tomato
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder – dhaniya powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp gram flour-besan
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1½ tbsp Oil
Salt- As per your taste
Aloo Methi’s Gravy Vegetable Method:
– Wash leaves of fenugreek leave wash with water.
In a pan, heat the oil on medium flame and add cumin seeds.
When the diamond begins to be golden, add the chopped onion and fry till the onion becomes transparent.
Add chopped garlic and grated ginger in it and fry for 30-40 seconds.
– Put chopped tomato and fry till they become soft. It will take about 2 minutes.
– Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix it well.
– Insert boiled potatoes and mix well.
– Cook the spoon continuously for about 1 minute.
– Put chopped fenugreek leaves and salt.
Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the gram flour in 3/4 cup water and put it in a mixture of potato and fenugreek.
– Add lemon juice and sugar and boil it on medium flame.
– When it starts boiling, reduce the flame and cook until the gravy is thickened.
In the middle, stirring the vegetable with a spoon so that they do not burn.
– Turn off the gas and vegetable in a serving bowl. Serve the potato fenugreek with chapati or paratha (serve).
Suggestions and variations:
To reduce the amount of sweet or tangy to the vegetable, lower the amount of sugar and lemon juice.
– To make a thin gravy, add more water and add less water to make a thick gravy.
– Do not forget to boil the potatoes time to get the salted taste evenly.
– Serve it in dinner with Paratha, Khichdi, and Kadhi (serve in dinner) or serve it with chapati and curd.